Twinned Groups - Who's twinned with whom
Creating a Twinning Group - Practical advice
· How to
Action Palestine - our partner for University twinnings
Twinning with Palestine
The Britain - Palestine Twinning Network - "promoting twinning and friendship links"
You can support the Palestinians by deliberately buying Palestinian goods.
CADFA have some lovely 2009 calendars (printed in Palestine) at £8 - reductions for bulk, and also christmas/ greetings cards at £2-50 for 5. www.camdenabudis.net
Greetings Cards - This is the picture on the greetings cards from the Camden Abu Dis Friendship Association
All prices PLUS postage and packing; £2-50 for 5, £40 for 100, £70 for 200, £90 for 300, £125 for 500 ...
Taybeh Palestinian beer - www.taybehbeer.net
Easi Piesi, Palestine Israel Ethical Shopping Initiative. www.easi-piesi.org
- Freedom Clothing Project. Cotton clothing. The Freedom Clothing Project, a not-for-profit co-operative working with suppliers in Beit Jala in the occupied West Bank, are now selling t-shirts with a 'Made in the West Bank and Gaza' label. www.freedom-clothing.co.uk
- Hadeel. A fair trade shop that sells crafts from community based groups in the West Bank, Gaza and Lebanon. Telephone: 0131 225 1922. www.hadeel.org
- Holyland Handicrafts. The Holy Land Handcraft Cooperative Society was established in 1981 as a means of countering the deterioration of the local handicrafts bought about by occupation. They sell a variety of products including ceramics and olive woodcrafts. www.holyland-handicraft.org
- Olive Co-operative. (Responsible Tourism, Trade and Education in the Middle East), visiting Palestine tours, olive oil trading with Palestine. Good range of Palestinian made goods. www.olivecoop.com
- Open Bethlehem. Supporting the Open Bethlehem initiative can be as easy as buying local craftwork and produce. From a bottle of olive oil or honey to glassware and ceramics, Bethlehem can supply a range of traditional handmade goods and delicious food– the perfect gifts. www.openbethlehem.org
- Palestine Online Store. A (US based) not-for-profit activist project geared towards making Palestine-related materials more widely available - varying from educational items to handcrafts. www.palestineonlinestore.com
www.palestinianpottery.com - Palestinian Pottery. Exclusive hand painted ceramic tiles, decorative tiles, tile murals, art and hand made pottery by the Balian family-since 1922.
- Paltime: Paltime opened its virtual doors in September 2002 with a mission to use the eCommerce service in order to help manufacturers and producer in Palestine sell their products internationally. It offers anything from body products to CD's, books and embroidery. www.paltime.com
- Sindyanna of Galilee A fair-trade organization, producing and marketing olive oil products. Established in 1996 at the Galilean village of Majd al-Krum, Sindyanna works among the Arab population in the region. They stress land preservation, environmental quality, and avoidance of chemicals, whether as fertilizers or pesticides. www.sindyanna.com
- Fairtrade Olive Oil. Zaytoun is a purpose-beyond-profit company, importing and distributing fairly traded, pesticide-free extra virgin olive oil from Palestine. This oil is of high quality, harvested by hand from healthy, fresh olives, and trade with Zaytoun benefits the producing communities through fair wages, training opportunities and new market opportunities. Contact 0781 4477 188. www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/zaytoun / www.zaytoun.org
These organisations process and supply Palestinian Olive oil;
- PARC (Palestinian agricultural Relief Committees). www.pal-arc.org
PARC is a leading Palestinian NGO working in the field of rural development, environment protection, and women empowerment.We offer technical assistance and support, along with extension services to individuals and organizations working in similar fields.In carrying out our projects and activities, we rely upon the active and broad grassroots participation of our beneficiaries, and, in process, develop our experts’ capabilities and improve our employees’ skills. By doing so, we aim to significantly contribute to the building of a Palestinian democratic and civil society.
- UAWC (Union of Agricultural Work Committees). www.uawc.net
Union of Agricultural Work Committees is a non-profit organization that was established in 1986 in order to protect land from being expropriated by the Government of Israel, and to improve the performance and professionalism of Palestinian farmers. The Union also aims to help Palestinian farmers market their produce and provides agricultural employment opportunities through a framework of cooperation with domestic, Arab, and international agricultural development institutions.
- PFTA (Palestine Fair Trade Association). www.palestinefairtrade.org.The Program is seeking to support rural and traditional Palestinian communities in capacity building, sustainable livelihood development, and increased modes of democratic and civic participation through cooperative building and increased international market accessibility. The Palestine Fair Trade Program is specifically interested in supporting the development of small-scale farmers by lending micro-credits and advice on marketable products in international fair trade markets. The Palestine Fair Trade Program seeks to create farming and producing communities and cooperatives that have increased access and communication with international markets.
- - - - -
- - - - -
Help us develop the Twinning with Palestine network
Join the Twinning with Palestine Groups facebook page for the latest news and events. www.facebook.com
- - - - -
Please support our work - click here
- - - - -
Would you like to visit Palestine? We regularly organise tours to Palestine. Book for the October 2010 tour now!
- - - - -
- - - - -
Greeting Cards (Eid / Xmas)
- - - - -